Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Scared...

I guess there are several words to describe my feeling today. Scared is one of there. There are also, nervous, shocked, surprised, lonely, afraid, sick to my stomach, fearful, powerless, angry and broke.

I got Will's counts this morning and they have dropped a little. Now I know that a little drop is not something I should get very upset over, but we don't usually have a drop, especially in hemoglobin. Since Will in on a androgen to stimulate the hemoglobin I wouldn't expect it to decrease much unless the androgen is beginning to stop working. That is my fear.

My head tells me that I should not worry until there is a "trend", but my heart tells me to cry.....so that is what I am doing......inside and out.

I can't even bring myself to think about that "what ifs". I can't even seem to decide on a transplant center. Something in my heart is telling to check out Sloan. I mean I have already been to the other two and I am also talking to our local doctor.....but I HAVE to go to NY. I had planned on going next August after Camp, but what if.....WHAT IF I don't have enough time.

Time is so precious. I try so hard to enjoy each and every moment. To give my children these wonderful childhood memories to carry with them through life. I love them so much, and I want them to always remember to live in the moment, but before you know it the moment is gone.

So day I will suck it up and remind myself that Will is in good hands.....he is in God's hands. Wow that sounds great doesn't it! Now if only I could figure out how in the heck to give up control and trust God enough to handle him with care. Crazy huh.....me giving up control and trusting God to give us the power and the strenght to get through whatever life hands us.

What is it that Randy Pausch said...."We cannot change the hand we were dealt, just how we play the game". Great Advice!!

Will Power

No comments: